Wednesday, January 13, 2016

The Ides of January (bet you didn't know there were ides in January, did ya? It's the 13th.)

I am aware of the fact that I am in The South. Primarily because lots of streets are named after Confederate generals, the Hermitage is close by, and the Belle Meade Plantation in less than a mile from my house. I still don't know if it is a place I could visit without getting emotional. And my hormones are all jacked up these days anyway. But I digress...
          It has been COLD here in the 615. Not Southerner's cold, e.g., 45 degrees, but for real cold, like Cincinnati cold, 19 degrees in the morning, highs of 36 degrees. If this is supposed to make me feel more at home, it has not succeeded. It has just made me feel duped. There was even FROST on the ground the past three mornings. I could have stayed North of the Mason-Dixon line for this.
          This afternoon I was supposed to take the dogs to the vet for their annual comprehensive exam. Plus, Roadie has that congestive heart failure thing, which we have been managing pretty well, and he's just as happy and puppy like as he's ever been. In any event, I get the dogs in the car, which is in the garage, and the car...won't...start. WTF. I text Mark, he sends me a picture of his AAA card, I call AAA, but I'm not on the account so I can't request a service call. I forward this information to Mark, and 20 minutes later I am the latest addition to his AAA membership. Excellent. However, the drama of this has worn me out, though I did take the time to learn how to remove the battery cover from my car battery. I used ratchet tools and a flashlight. I felt empowered. I'll call AAA in the am. Time for a cocktail now. 
 

1 comment: